It’s pumpkin time again!
This recipe is an adaptation of the Banana Muffins recipe. We made this one in order to use up all the extra pumpkin puree we have around this time of year.
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 Tablespoons) organic Coconut Oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup organic coconut nectar (substitute coconut sugar)
- 2 TB maple syrup (or 2 squirts Sunrider Sunectar)
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg, cloves, allspice
- 12 organic walnuts (optional for topping)
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Spatula (optional)
- Muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With your hand mixer, beat the coconut oil, coconut nectar and maple syrup until creamy (if it is hot in your kitchen, the oil will be runny so you can skip this step).
- Add eggs and pumpkin puree and beat together.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices and mix together.
- Line muffin tins with baking cups and spoon in mixture to fill each 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- You can add walnuts on top of the large muffins if you’d like.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The muffins should be a beautiful golden brown.
Note: If you use coconut sugar instead of coconut nectar, you may need 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree so the batter is the right consistency.