Chewy, delicious, addictive.
And oh so fast and easy.
Really, it’s about 15 min start to finish.
My daughter is three and a half and hasn’t yet had a real cookie. ¬†Until now.
Why? Gluten-free and dairy-free cookies are usually so… blah. So I made my own! Even the batter is so so good, and it is vegan so you can eat it raw!
This recipe is great because there is no refined sugar in it, and it is super yummy!¬†How do you like it? Please reply below as I’d love to hear your comments.
Chocolate Currant Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 TB maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic¬†Nutiva Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup currants (could use chocolate chips/cranberries/date pieces/nuts/etc!)
- 1.5 Tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- Bowl and spatula
- Baking sheet
- Measuring spoons/cups
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Form into small cookies, about 1 Tablespoon of batter each, and place on parchment paper on baking sheet. I usually make them into balls, then my daughter flattens the with her sweet little hands.
- Bake at 350F for 8-9 min.
- Let cool before enjoying.