Some people would call this mashed yams or mashed sweet potatoes. Not our Sweet Pea. She named it “Yummy Yammy” which I think is about the best name I’ve ever heard for this dish!
Short and sweet, this is a recipe that doesn’t take long at all, and kids love it! It’s a great side item with chicken or turkey, and is perfect for this cool fall weather.
- 3-4 organic yams
- 3-4 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- organic cinnamon, to taste
- salt to taste
- Baking sheet
- Wash and scrub yams.
- Once they are dry, place them on a baking sheet (on parchment paper) and bake at 350F until they are soft (30-60min).
- Once they are cool enough to handle, cut them open and peel off skin. It should come off really easily.
- Place in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil per yam (or as much as you want) and add cinnamon and salt. Mash together.