There must be avocados and coconuts in heaven.
Avocados and coconuts are two of my favorite foods ever! I could eat a coconut a day. Same with avocados… wait…I already do that…. Now for that tropical dream house with groves of coconuts and avocados right outside the door just waiting to be picked…
Recently I was ill and my liver was very affected. Strangely, I started wanting avocados all the time, which I didn’t quite understand. Then, much later I read that avocados may protect against liver damage! Intuition is just great. Our bodies know so much if we just listen!
Healthy fats in general are great to eat because they help to coat the nervous system, feed the nervous system and help it heal. Therefore, you feel more grounded and calm and can think more clearly. I can use more of that.
And coconuts… young coconuts are just heaven. I can’t even open one up without my daughter eating at least half (if not 3/4) just right there. She drinks out the water and then starts saying “Meat! Let’s eat the meat!” before I can even rinse the straw! The list of benefits are also huge, but my main focus is that I love the taste. So does Sweet Pea.
Needing some more healthy fats in my diet, and with my recent avocado cravings, this recipe was concocted to be a nice huge helping of healthy fats that tasted good and was easy to make. It is rich, so one recipe will serve 2 adults, but it is oh so good!
Avocado Coconut Pudding
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1/2 young coconut (meat only)
- 1 1/2 Cups hemp milk, or whatever milk you like.
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1 squirt Flax Seed Oil
- Sweetener to taste (Sunectar, 2 dates, honey or maple syrup)
- And the secret ingredient: 1 packet of original Nuplus by Sunrider. (if you don’t have Nuplus, you are missing out!! You can of course make this without it, just lessen the amount of hemp milk a little so you have your desired consistency).
- Knives and spoon
- Peel the one half of an avocado and place in Vitamix.
- Open your young coconut. There are many ways to do it, but here is one to get you started (just make sure you make the hole on top big enough to fit a spoon in) How to Open a Coconut
- Once the coconut is open, pour out the water and enjoy it. Then scoop out half of the meat in the coconut in place it in the Vitamix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Vitamix and blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve with fruit and a few hemp seeds sprinkled on top! Serves 2.